Get started on (or step up) your Circular Economy journey
There is a wealth of information and tools already out there across Australia and the world. Here are a few resources to get you started.
Also check out and get in touch with the speakers and partners who contributed to the CBR360 Circular Economy Symposium 2022. Build partnerships and network with other local innovators – one business’s trash is another one’s treasure!
- Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment
- We are the 1%: the wealth of many Australians puts them in an elite club wrecking the planet
- CSIRO Circular economy
- Circular economy roadmap for plastics, glass, paper and tyres
- Waste Innovation for a circular economy event wrap, event report
- Building a more circular Australia: the opportunity of transitioning to a circular economy, PwC report, March 2021
- From Rubbish to resources: building a circular economy, House of Representatives inquiry, Dec 2020
- Sustainability Strategy 2021–25, ACT Government Suburban Land Agency
- ACT Greens Circular economy
- Product Stewardship Centre of Excellence
- Australasian Circular Textile Association ACTA
- Australian Council of Recycling (ACOR) (Aust Gov), RecycleMate app
- Australia Post Revamp Network, flyer (nothing recent, no website)
- Circular economies are making zero-waste a reality, The Guardian, Sep 2019 (just article)
- Rethinking recycling: could a circular economy solve the problem?, The Guardian, Jul 2018 (just article)
- Business on board PM’s circular economy, Canberra Times, Sep 2019 (just article)
- National Recycling Week Nov 2021
- The Tipping Point, Australian Story Mon 22 Feb, Veena Sahajwalla
- Open Cities Service Alliance (looks inactive for past 2 years or so)
- Australian Circular Economy Hub (Planet Ark), Webinar: what is the circular economy?
- Circular Centre design system for textiles
- Institute for Sustainable Futures, UTS
- Waste Strategy Summit 2021, 3-day event, prospectus
- NSW Circular
- Go Circular, Newcastle
- Speaker/Researcher Matthew Selinske RMIT, paper ‘Ecological cost of consumption’
- Monash Sustainable Development Institute
- Pioneering the circular economy, Closed Loop
- Close the loop battery recycling
- Inside Waste industry news platform Circular economy
- City of Bendigo Circular economy, survey
- Regional Innovation for a Circular Economy (RICE), Geelong
- Circular Economy Victoria CEV
- Regen Melbourne “network of more than 60 organisations and 900 individuals exploring a regenerative future for our city.” Great donut diagram!
- Ellen Macarthur Foundation
- SITRA World Circular Economy Forum (Finnish)
- Circle Economy non-profit empowering business, cities, nations to put CE into action
- Environmental Dashboard, Oberlin, using systems thinking to show feedbacks and making visible the relationships between social, economic and environmental spheres
- Economics of Happiness, documentary film by Helen Norberg-Hodge
- The Wardrobe Crisis, teaching sustainable fashion, podcast
- Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute, c2c certification
Sign-up to our updates to stay in the loop with our latest news and all things CBR360.
Or contact us at the Conservation Council ACT Region.
Phone: (02) 6229 3200
Email: [email protected]
Street address: Unit 14/26 Barry Drive, Ground Floor, Lena Karmel Lodge, Canberra ACT 2601
Note: All staff work part-time, may work remotely, or be out and about for meetings and events, so please call ahead to ensure someone will be in the office.
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work, and their deep and continuing connection to Country. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.